When you do a lot of on stage singing and are a lead-singer, a good quality vocal mic is an obvious requirement to make you sound great. When there is blaring music from the instruments on-stage and a lot of other sounds in the background, your voice needs to be projected enough to be heard and be powerful.
A lot of factors go into the making of a great vocal mic, but going through the specs of each and every mic out there can be a very time-consuming process. To make things easy for you, we have done a quick review of three of the best mics for vocal below. This is only to get you started with the basic features. You can read many good reviews online that will give you an in-depth feature-by-feature analysis.
A great mic and a great price is not something you come across together very often. Add to that a brand which have over 70 years of experience in making quality sound equipment. You just hit the jackpot. The Sennheiser e945 is one such mic that you can consider if you are looking for a budget-friendly mic that is awesome for vocals. Here is a quick review on the specs and quality – Sennheiser e945.
* A dynamic mic with a super-cardioidal pick-up pattern that further reduces the pick-up area to completely eliminate all background sounds
* A strong body made of metal
* No handling noise due to the shock mount feature
* Hum compensating coil to reduce electrical interference
The heil pr40 © is another great option when it comes to mics that are best suited for vocals. It is one mic that give you the experience of a condenser mic but without the hassles and the background noise. best microphone for vocals [top 10] So you get the best of both worlds in one.
* Cardioid pick-up pattern that focuses only on your voice
* Produces a natural articulation of voice
* Low distortion and handling noise
* Picks up frequencies as low as 28Hz
* No more popping as the PR40 comes with a dual pop screen
The Shure SM7B is one of the most popular vocal mics in the world and is one of the few mics that are specifically designed for vocals. We have outlined the features of the SM7B
below. You can also read an [online] SHURE SM7B Review to get an in-depth understanding of its capabilities.
* Cardioid pick-up pattern eliminates background sounds and picks up only your voice
* Forget breath sounds and popping sound with the effective pop filter
* Handling the mic does not produce unnecessary sounds due to an internal air suspension feature
* Has a flat and wide-range frequency response which is the perfect combination for vocals
I want more choices
If you are buying your very first mic, then you would like to have more options to choose from. You might either have a budget or may want to invest in a good mic. Whatever your requirement is you can find one that’s fits you bill when you research reviews online that give you best microphone for vocals.